Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Movie: Julie & Julia

Dedicated readers will possibly recall that this blog started soon after I finished reading a little book called “Julie & Julia”.  Well, I’ve just been to the movie and enjoyed it thoroughly.  Amy Adams comes across a little sweeter perhaps than the real life Julie Powell does in her book, but Meryl Streep as Julia Child was wonderful to watch – even taking into consideration that I am something of a Streep fangirl.

I do suggest that – if you’re going to take the time to read Julie Powell’s book – you might also take the time to read Julia Child’s own book about her time in France which is called (unsurprisingly, perhaps) ” My Life in France”.  It’s an excellent book and Child is a fascinating woman.

And now, I’m off to survey the fridge and wonder if I have enough butter to roast a chicken.  I’ve only got a single 250g block – clearly that won’t do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment