Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. - Byron

As promised, this edition is dedicated to all things Halloween-ie!  (I may include some gigs and such if I don’t run out of time while writing this…)

Ooooh, spooky…

I’m going to cheat a bit here and lift some info that is already out on another website…Long Island Haunted Houses is a site that lists, well, all the haunted houses here on LI (I’m talking about the ones with the actors here, not the ones that you’d find on Ghost Hunters).

Speaking of Ghost Hunters, there are a lot of people who really enjoy researching the paranormal…I get to hear many of the stories as I research folklore as a hobby.  Long Island Oddities has pages dedicated to the strange stories that are attributed to many abandoned or historic sites, as well as UFO sightings, the Montauk Project, and more.

Pumpkins, cornstalks, and more

There’s little I like better than dressing up my deck in the colors of the season.  Mums and astors, pumpkins and cornstalks…find them all here at Pick Your Own.

American Pie

Nothing says Fall like pie…and no one makes pies quite like Briermere Farms!  Take a road trip and pick up one of these delectable delights, and get your holiday orders in NOW!

A little this ‘n’ that

No party?  No problem!  There are still plenty of things to do on Halloween…just click here for a list!

Well, here come the students for tonight’s workshop…gotta run!  Have an event that should be here?  Email me at cheapdateli@gmail.com…chat soon, you kooky cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment