Thursday, October 29, 2009

And now for something that doesn’t make you look like a soccer mom who’s dressing up in some benign costume that is either a trite version of sexuality or a proletariat idea of cutesy...

I’ve been meaning to blog all week, but life has been one bureaucratic nightmare after another. The icing on the cake was my Mother seeing a government official snooping around my yard and him looking over some construction work I having done. Amazing. Simply Amazing.

What the government doesn’t know is that my mother is THEE MOST ANNOYING NAG in the history of Mothers. And tomorrow morning, I am going to sick her on THEM!

That’s right and by JESUS! It will be grand.

Luckily, all this real life red tape has gotten me good and ready for a night-posting about Stanley Kubrick. As a film director, he pioneered a higher standard cinema and story lines than we will never see again. He once said in his documentary “either you care, or you don’t.” I really took those words to heart. Either you care to do it right and get whatever it is to where it needs to be….or you don’t. No excuses or bullshit. It seems sorta cut and dry, but I think the beauty is in the sayings simplicity. We’re all full of excuses and reasons for this bullshit or that… but when it comes down it, we can filter that shit out. We can decide to stand up and say “no. I don’t fucking care.” Or actively participate in whatever we DO care about.

It’s not wildly provocative or sexy, but let’s me sleep well at night.

The Kubrick Rooms are a wonder for any Stanley fan. The Droog Outfit is completely FREE, however cane and boots are not included. Droog Cane sells for 400 linden and comes with a complete AO. It’s pretty cool, I must say and worth the price to seal the deal. I slapped on my favorite combat boots (Ving Boots from Shiny Things) and I was good to go.

Raise a little hell on Halloween. It’s good for the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment