Saturday, September 26, 2009

Toshiba REGZA Cinema Series 46SV670U 46-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV with LED Backlight and ClearScan 240, Black Review

I swore based on many online and magazine ratings to only purchase either a Sony or Samsung LCD TV (same manufacturing anyways). I never really considered the Toshiba Regza line until I saw it on display at an architectural exhibit. The colors and detail were absolutely stunning. Despite what CNET described as not that good, the darks were actually really visible and even more so because Toshiba added a more detailed color tweaking menu for the videophiles out there. The menu is VERY simple to understand – and my particular favorite navigation part is the ability to switch inputs so quickly using the left/right toggle buttons.

The sound quality is amazing. There are many built in options here as well. Dolby sound, surround, etc. The speakers are so well hidden and yet sound great.

Other features I love are all the HDMI inputs, an SD Card slot (we can watch slide shows from people’s cameras), and the USB port (WOW you can watch DIVX movies, listen to MP3s etc from an external drive!!!)

I haven’t really given the Clearscan 240 feature a chance yet because I’m waiting for the football games on sunday, but I’m very happy so far with the 120Hz smooth performance. Again, excellent value for all the features you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment