Wednesday, September 30, 2009

‘Dil Bole Hadippa’ is a bore

It was a beautiful Tuesday. The college was closed due to a strike by the hostellers. And I was fast asleep until I got a phone call from my friends. As I said ‘What’s the program?’, they told me that they were going for a movie and I had to reach there in 20 minutes. “20 minutes???” I was still in my bed and I had to get ready and reach there in 20 minutes! Anyway, I told them that I will reach there in time. So, they bought ticket for me too. I didn’t even care to ask which movie we were going to watch.

In about half an hour, I reached there and was shocked to find that they had bought tickets for the movie “Dil Bole Hadippa”. What a blasphemy! Actually the group consisted of more girls than boys, and the girls wanted to see this movie. Who would have convinced them to watch Wanted or What’s Your Rashee? in which I would have got to see at least 12 avatars of Priyanka. But here I was – watching Rani Mukherjee in a non-convincing role playing a boy Veer Pratap Singh.

The movie was a bore right away. There was no soul in the story. And Rani overdid everything. The emotions were superfluous. I feel so sorry for Shahid for being stuck in such a movie. To be honest, the movie should have been “Dil Bole So Jaa”.

The movie gave me a lesson. Ask your friends which movie you are going to watch before you leave from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment