Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tarantino Interview on Tavis Smiley

While Tarantino is discussing cinema – being a director and all – I believe his statements on the idea of storytelling are important for all storytellers, namely my writing audience here. He describes this method of storytelling as ‘novelistic’ – yet I believe I see his problems with modern Hollywood in the rush of published literature as well. The books that have been coming off the presses are either simplistic to the point of bore, or rely off a twist that trudges you through 500 meaningless pages before anything exciting or unpredictable happens. I encourage you all to watch this clip (starting at 4:45) and perhaps the entire interview, as he discusses his use of dialogue and the pain of defeat (in reference to Grindhouse). Also, Tarantino is enough of a BAMF that he is now getting a tag. Enjoy the clip, and I hope you’re all enjoying 2010!

[Via http://ophiucha.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment