Saturday, December 5, 2009

Loving...Disney's "The Princess & the Frog"

I grew up on Disney movies. My favorites were Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, The Lion King, Alice In Wonderland, and many more. But as much as I loved them, I always wished that I could look at the screen and see a princess that looked like me. Well now I have that chance with Disney’s new animated feature, The Princess & the Frog. This is Disney’s first animated film since 2004’s Home on the Range and its the first Disney film to have a princess that’s African American.

So, I’m loving this film because it has that classic Disney animation that I love, it’s going to have a great musical score, but most of all I’m loving this movie because the Princess is finally a reflection of me.

Black President? Check.

Black Princess? Check.

It’s a beautiful thing.

[Via http://sparkleshock.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment