Saturday, March 6, 2010

LCD TV - Cinema at Home For a Budget Price

I have been saving for almost a year now to buy a LCD TV along with a home theatre system. My idea of relaxing and de-stressing is watching a good movie. Nothing can be better than watching a movie of your choice comfortably at home on your favorite couch.

A year back when I really wanted to buy a LCD TV the price was well beyond my budget and a luxury for someone who had just started working. But in a last couple of months when my hunt for a good bargain with a renowned brand name and affordable price started again, I realized that the prices seem to have come down considerably. With reduced prices LCD TV has been giving tough competition to plasma TV and has even overtaken them in many international markets.

The LCD stands for liquid crystal display. There are liquid crystals pressed between two glasses, which is electrically charged to form an image. The plasma TV picture may be slightly better than LCD because they can render black better than LCD therefore, providing good contrast.

Though minute details are better seen on LCD because of more pixels on the screen, they were available only in smaller sizes earlier giving plasma TV an edge over them. They are now available in all sizes, even in sizes bigger than forty inches and are as good or better than plasma TV performance wise.

LCD`s are used as computer monitors extensively. They are not only flat and light weight but also consume up to thirty percent less energy. Another interesting factor that caught my attention was 60,000 hours stuck on the LCD`s. This is the number of hours that the LCD can be viewed with optimum picture quality. A slight negative is that LCD TV is not very clearly visible from acute angles.

Since more and more individuals are getting hooked to television and computer monitors are becoming a necessity for individuals all over the world the manufacturers are investing billions of dollars in research. The leading brands in this category are Samsung, Phillips, Sony, LG and Sharp. By 2011 the production of number of LCD TV is expected to go up to sixty one million from about twelve million in 2006. The LCD TV market is expected to be worth 25 million dollars by 2011.

Some leading manufacturers even employ the Original Design Manufacturers (ODM`s) and Electronic Manufacturing Services Providers(EMS), to meet the growing demand. The competition between the brands on the size, quality of the picture and cost has benefited the consumer the most.

Apart from the prices there are a whole lot of features to be compared between the leading brands. I have technically become very aware of the features of the LCD TV after my research on them for a few weeks now. I just wanted this buy of mine to be perfect. For me watching television is not just about moving images but about an experience that has to be perfect.

After a whole lot of research in electronic malls and on internet I finally bought LCD TV that is a best buy for me, well within my budget. I placed my prized possession just beside my home theater converting one small room into a mini comfortable theater.

There are bean bags thrown around with a carpet and an air conditioner. Now, my friends cannot really resist my cozy room and invite themselves over almost every weekend. Many land up with the movie of their choice that sometimes is very annoying to me.

There are some friends who stay back at night after late night show and some who come in with food. Although, I love to spend time with them my effort now is to convince them to have their own LCD TV so that I can get my new LCD TV all to myself. Some seem to be convinced while others are happy to treat my LCD TV as theirs.

Visit : Cheap Store Online

[Via http://cheaplcd2u.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment